Bromcom, supplier to local education authorities of school monitoring software EWO On-line, and the LA hosted Bromcom MIS e-School ASP. In addition Bromcom offers Help Desk support, Training, Hosting, Servicing and Repair, as well as Professional Services (Migration, Interfacing, Consulting, Implementation and Project Management).
Remote access of 'live' student attendance data from LA offices
EWO On-line is a unique Internet browser-based remote access facility, which allows EWOs, LEAs, EAZs and staff with pastoral responsibility to remotely view 'live' attendance data. There is no longer the need to travel to schools as the data is at your fingertips with Bromcom’s EWO Online. You can access the data you need from anywhere with Internet connection whether it is from your laptop, your home PC or even from your mobile.
What does this mean for you?
- Remote access to all schools within-LA for 'live' student attendance data directly from EWO office
- Immediate access to 'live' student attendance information without having to travel to schools or rely on schools providing the relevant information
- Ability to track attendance of individual students and groups of students as well as specially created "tag" groups
- Access to 'up to date'attendance information outside school hours – in the evenings or at the weekend
- The ability to identify students whose attendance is a cause for concern and to set up "watch" lists to monitor particular groups of students
- Attendance data and trends for individuals, tutor groups and year groups can be displayed in graphical form if desired, to help with interpretation and dissemination of data
- Reports can also be generated to include groups of postcodes and ethnicity if required, as well as broken weeks and percentage attendance
- Compatibility with all mainstream school back-office systems, including Capita SIMS, Serco CMIS and Pearson Phoenix
Student Attendance Records
Other special features include:
- Post Code Reporting
- Tag Group attendance for targeted groups
- Ethnicity reports
- SEN reports and Screening reports for statistics filtered by your own choice of parameters
These reports will automatically filter out broken weeks, below target % attendance, patterns of absence, lates and excluded students.
Reports? No problem!
- Reports can be printed or saved on the system to be used at a later date.
- Statistics can be saved in a spreadsheet format if required.
- In addition to the reporting system, there is a powerful filtering option which can identify pupils whose attendance may be a cause for concern.
- Browser access to the Internet
- Broadband or Dial Up connectivity
- Hardware - Can be supplied
- Interface information from attendance system supplier
Interface to all mainstream MIS
- Capita SIMS
- Serco CMIS
- Pearson Phoenix
Can EWO Online link with our existing administration?
Yes it can. Bromcom lesson registration and SIMS am/pm registration have already been linked. Other systems can be linked where interface information is, and continues to be, supplied by the attendance system supplier.
EWO Online Key Features & Benefits
|The entire EWO Online software is Internet based||Data can be accessed from anywhere at any time provided you have internet access|
|Online access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week||Data can be viewed after school hours and during school holidays|
|Paperless||Instant information at your fingertips allowing you to take immediate action|
|A wide range of reports available||Cuts bureaucracy, saves time and minimises risk of data loss|
|A variety of graphing options||Data is available to suit a range of EWO requirements|
|Filter reports available||Graphs produce clearer pictures thus enabling easier analysis, interpretation and dissemination of information|
|Can work with all exisiting mainstream school administration software||Substantial time-saving. No need to manually trawl through registers|
e-School ASP offers all the benefits of the Bromcom MIS system, hosted by the Local Authority, or by Bromcom, if appropriate.
What is an ASP Solution? ASP = Application Service Provider
With an ASP Solution data is centralised at a central server or "server farm" and access is made available over high-speed broadband links.
With this option Bromcom MIS could be located on a central server at the LA with the schools having access via a high-speed link.
This allows schools to undertake lesson registration in the same way as they would if they had Bromcom MIS installed on a dedicated server within the school. With the ASP Solution however, the day to day management of the system is devolved to the LA (or Bromcom depending on the chosen server location).
What are the advantages of e-School ASP?
- It is a cost effective solution because all school attendance and registration data is held in one central point
- Technical support and maintenance can be centrally managed within the LA
- Schools can handover technical and backup responsibility to the LA and concentrate on tackling attendance issues
- Reduced workload on teachers giving them more time to teach
- Any required upgrades are centrally coordinated
- Shared resources mean the potential for additional IT infrastructure funds for schools within the local authority
Bromcom Galaxy SuiteOperating at a level above your MIS (Bromcom MIS, SIMS & others)
- Bromcom Galaxy - Overview
- Teacher's WebFolder
- Teacher's WebFolder SD (SIMS Direct)
- MyChildAtSchool SD (SIMS Direct)
- Bromcom VLE